Social Belonging Program Team
UIC, the College Transition Collaborative, Partnership for College Completion, and the University of Chicago Poverty Lab have all been involved in one or more aspects of the development and evaluation of the Social Belonging Program.
UIC’s Office for Research on Student Success (ORSS), in partnership with UIC’s Office of the Vice Provost for Diversity, Library, and Committee of Associate and Assistant Deans (CAAD), developed the training and curricular materials. ORSS also collaborated with the Partnership for College Collaboration and the College Transition Collaborative to create the social belonging video.
Dr. Sue Farruggia and researchers from the University of Chicago Poverty Lab are the investigators on a study evaluating the effectiveness of the program. Dr. Farruggia (PI) and Dr. Charu Thakral (co-PI) lead UIC’s process evaluation of the program.
Current and former project team members include:
- UIC team members:
- Sue Farruggia, Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Affairs and Academic Programs, UIC
- Charu Thakral, Office of the Vice Provost for Diversity, UIC
- Michelle Manno, Office of the Vice Provost for Diversity, UIC
- Angela Prazza Winters, CAAD, College of Business Administration, UIC
- Steve Whitley, IGD, University Library, UIC
- Eric Schwarze, Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Affairs and Academic Programs, UIC
- Fatima Brunson, ORSS, UIC (former graduate assistant)
- Ademola Arigbabuwo, ORSS, UIC (former graduate assistant)
- College Transition Collaborative
- Partnership for College Completion